Civil/Structural CAD Designer
As part of a the M&A design team, the Civil/Structural CAD Designer will be responsible for the preparation of construction drawings for projects including, but not limited to, structural plans, sections and details, stormwater design and permitting, commercial site development layouts, utility system design, and erosion and sediment control plans and details
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (may include but are not limited to):
· Support the engineering team with CAD knowledge.
· Develop CAD drawings for assigned department.
· Create plans independently and under direction from senior staff.
· Maintain project drawing files.
· Complete red line mark-ups and address design comments.
· Organize and prepare a variety of complex layouts and drawings from written or verbal specifications or from rough or detailed sketches.
· Follow CAD standards for the project established by the client, firm, and industry.
· Recommend standards and symbols to meet specialized needs of a particular project, or to facilitate or improve CAD productivity.
· Maintain current knowledge of design and drafting procedures in specialty field.
· Use basic quantity and geometry calculations in creation of drawings.
· Perform mathematical calculations and quantity takeoffs.
· Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little or no advanced notice.
· Associates of Science Degree in engineering or engineering-related field
· One year of experience in structural and/or civil engineering drafting and design; land development experience desired. Proficiency with AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
· Proficiency with MS Outlook, MS Excel, and MS Word.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS
· Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and clients.
· Ability to organize work, set priorities, pay attention to detail, and follow-up on assignments with minimal supervision.
· Ability to maintain confidentially and protect privileged client information and documents appropriately.
· Ability to work calmly and effectively in a high volume office environment under pressure of heavy deadlines.
· Knowledge of correct English usage including spelling, grammar, punctuation, and vocabulary.
· Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus.
· Valid drivers’ license and maintenance of satisfactory driving record.
There are no supervisory responsibilities associated with this position.
Due to the collaborative nature of this position and accessibility for in-house client meetings, it is important that this position physically work in the North Augusta, SC office.
Work usually takes place in a clean, pleasant, and comfortable office setting. Site visits may occasionally take place in an outdoor environment.
JOB TYPE: Full-time
· Associate of Science (Preferred)
Paid time off
Monday to Friday
Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
North Augusta, SC
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible